Friday 26 September 2014

Beth's Blog


I must admit that Year 6 was much different to my head’s random ideas. It was pretty stressful but not as much as I thought it might be. I have most enjoyed the excitement of a new beginning. New homework diary, harder work, word book, your own folder everything is better (except more homework of course)! To begin our new topic; terrifically we visited RAF Hendon, the Royal Air Force museum. I have to say, I’m sure I’m not the one who enjoyed it the most as halfway through I had to be collected by my Dad after hurting my leg climbing out of a plane! After our trip, I’m sure we all knew a lot more about WW2 because of the many intruiging planes and the interesting timeline.
Obviously, one of our biggest events was choosing all of the sport captains and head boy and girl and also school councillers. All of Year 6 agree it feels great to have a big responsibility – especially voted for or chosen by Miss Thomas.

 I feel it is better having 3 or 4 groups for the main subjects because it gives everyone a chance and I like the way they have done a reading group as well. We all were missing PE in the holidays with Miss Thomas and now all the clubs are up and running again it feels like Crabtree once more. There have been a lot of changes encluding a new PE teacher Mrs Moxham for indoor PE. We are doing more art and music this year which some people are very happy about. All of the teachers are nice so I think we are happy about that.

 It’s hard to believe we're in year 6 and in one year we will be heading off to a new school, where ever we go? And it  doesn’t feel like we’ve been here for a month, but I am really looking forward to this year. Especially English and PE…