E Safety Updates
I hope that you are all enjoying the summer term so far. Hopefully the sun will come out soon but at least the weather has dried up.
I wanted to write to everyone as I have received an e-safety newsletter which had some great resources mentioned for parents to support you in keeping your child safe at home on the internet.
- Hertfordshire LEA: http://www.thegrid.org.uk/eservices/safety/parents.shtml they are always updating this page with new resources, links and leaflets to support e-safety in the home
- CEOP have launched a new video specifically for parents and have also updated their parents section. This link can be included in your next newsletter: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/parentsguide/
- Childnet parents section http://www.childnet-int.org/safety/parents.aspx
- BBC Webwise – online safety for parents http://bbc.in/JmYSKG
- Google Family Safety Centre http://www.google.co.uk/familysafety/
Childnet Film Competition
This is an annual event, run by Childnet, for children aged 7 – 16 years with a primary or a secondary theme. This may be something that your child is interested in doing at home if they have a specific ICT interest.
Pupils will need to plan and make a short film based around the primary theme of:
The internet can make your life easier, let me show you!
The closing date for the competition is 5pm on Friday 15th June 2012. For further details: http://www.childnet.com/film-2012/default.aspx
I hope that you find these links useful. Please do pop in any time if you have any ICT questions; my door is always open.